♡ DIY Customized Magnets/Decoration! ♡


Happy Thursday Friends!
Since back to school season is not far away, I wanted to squeeze in as many blog posts I can to help you guys out, get you guys in the back to school spirit, and make your days at school more enjoyable. I love decorating my locker, so I was brainstorming ways to make a very affordable, magnetic piece of decoration for my locker. I didn't want to make JUST a magnet (I don't know about you, but when I'm rushing in and out of my locker, I'm not in the mood to pick up a magnet, stick something underneath, place the magnet on top again, while trying to maintain a balancing act between my book bag, gym bag and hand full of books). I wanted something that I could just stick on and remove easily without any hassle. Plus, I wanted something customizable, but very simple to recreate. Here's my DIY! Simple and affordable!
Materials:
- Scissors
- Cardstock/Watercolor/Acrylic (heavy duty) paper (I used the XL brand paper)
- Markers/Pen/Pencils (to write on the paper)
- Small Binder Clips
- Ceramic Disc Magnets (available on Amazon)- (the bigger the magnet, the heavier papers it can hold. I chose the smallest, pea size ones which are very lightweight)
- (OPTIONAL) Mod Podge


IT'S TIME TO START THE DIY!







1. Measure your paper and draw lines for your desired size. (Mine is about 2x3 inches)
2. Cut the paper along the lines to your desired size.
3. Write/Design your paper (can be a simple word or even a quote!) I happened to recreate some words originally created by PiecesCalligraphy! Be creative! Use a silver sharpie! You can even print some drawings/designs instead of drawing them!


4. (OPTIONAL step): Seal everything with a layer of Mod Podge to give it a glossy, textured effect!
5. Lay out all your Magnet pieces in your locker/on the refrigerator.
6. Attach a binder clip to each quote.
7. Stick the binder clip onto the magnetic disc!
YOU'RE DONE. 


It's THAT simple! I don't know about you, but I always end up doodling on an index card throughout the day. With this DIY Magnet idea, you can doodle as much as you want, and make it into a locker decoration immediately after class! I always have binder clips with me, so after doodling, I can stick a binder clip on that drawing and next time I'm at my locker, I can just stick it on one of the discs and have a new decoration! You can even stick your schedule on your locker like this, or stick small reminders there! Simple, time-friendly, and not too complicated (I think).

PS. New post this weekend!
Subscribe and Comment :)

♡,
Cathy

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of theesparklecorner blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future.. yatak odası dekorasyonu

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are different types of central heating boiler systems that can be purchased for residential homes. The biggest difference between the various types of central heating boiler systems is the type of fuels they use to operate on. Knowing what type of fuel connections you will need to be ready to make before you begin the installation process will save you time and trips to the hardware supply center. separate home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. apotheke düsseldorf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. graduation signs

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top