Agenda Organization 101! #BacktoSchool


This has been heavily requested by many of my friends, so I thought I would share it with everyone! :) #BacktoSchool

As a person who loves using and organizing agendas, I have a lot of experience and I have a set system I've used for nearly 3 years already. I've always preferred agendas over tech-calendars/planners just because it's much easier to customize. This system keeps me on task while not spending a crazy amount of time trying to figure out the symbols or colors to use when I'm writing down each task, especially considering the limited amount of time you have between classes. 

I would suggest for you to use symbols/colors YOU are used to. This can allow you to have a smoother transition into this organization system :)

MATERIALS NEEDED: (completely customizable)


1. Agenda- I'm using the Lily Pulitzer Agenda. It has lots of space for you to write homework, tasks and to dos. And the pattern is just super fun and cute :) The organization in the agenda itself is already neatly organized so your work is cut out for you. Choose an agenda that works well for YOU!
          - enough calendar space?
          - enough weekly space?
          - TARGET has GREAT agendas!! A lot of the agendas can be very affordable there (unlike                             Staples)

 Ever run out of space on your to-do list? POST ITS are your answer! This is an easy way to continue your list of daily tasks, as well as keeping reminders around!

                                        





2. PENS! COLORFUL PENS AND COMFORTABLE PENS!- My favorites are the BIC Crystal 1.6 mm pens. They have a thick point which creates super smooth writing and makes your handwriting look flawless. I personally only use about 4 colors (at most). The Staedtler 0.3 mm have fine tips (Great for detail) but it does get a bit bulky when you have a limited amount of space in your purse. So I keep the Staedtlers at home

3. Highlighters! - I love the Sharpie and BIC highlighters. It's best if you don't use dark colors, they can look dull and are not as appealing to the eyes as neons (especially when you're looking at important reminders). But, if you're attracted to the darker shades, go for it!!

MY SYSTEM:
First of all, I always keep a key around (this is great for you beginners out there!) I use this for my symbol/color-coding system. 
Here's Mine:


Since I don't like to carry around so many pens, I usually only use a black, pink, and blue pen along with yellow and blue highlighter since those 2 colors are the colors I use most. 

Here's a sample of my calendar:


What Do I Do?
I write in black for all the school tests, projects, and other academic tasks. 
The tests are highlighted in yellow. 
The projects are highlighted in pink. 
I write in purple for all of the school's events (Meetings, special dates, etc.)
 I write in pink for all the special extra-curricular events not related to school + personal events.

Here's an Overview of one of my weeks:

Up close:


I ALWAYS use little boxes to check off each task everyday. A sense of accomplishment by checking off each box motivates me!
I use the same color-coding system on this from my calendar. Pink highlighter for projects/long term homework.
Yellow highlighter for tests/quizzes.
Arrows for events/tests moved to another date.
(My system is summarized in the key in the beginning of my agenda!)

That's all for now! This is just a reference for you all, especially if you needed any motivation/help for you agenda!

YOU CAN DO THIS PEEPS, AS LONG AS COMMIT YOURSELF TO IT!
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Later alligators :)
~ Cathy

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top