♡ Beauty Blenders: Worth It? ♡


Beauty Blenders... All of us beauty fanatics have the hype for the beauty blender and how magical it is. Here's the real question: Is it REALLY worth it? Or is it overrated?

First of all, I've used the Beauty Blender and the knock-off sponges shaped like a beauty blender. Personally, I always have cakey foundation on whenever I apply it with a brush... Or the foundation may be a shade off but you can tell the big difference between your face and neck/chest. Also, I hate it when the foundation on my nose gets really cakey (one of the most oily areas of my face). So it's very hard to get a balance for it to not look cakey, but also have the flawless, "real" finish. So I decided to try sponges...

First, I tried the knock-off beauty blender shaped sponges. I wasn't amazed at the results at all. Worst of all, I felt like the sponges got dirtier and dirtier inside because the bacteria/leftover foundation (even after a few washes) would roughen the sponge. If you decide to not use your sponge for nearly a month, it becomes as hard as a rock...
Overall, I was not happy with the results at all.

One day, when I was strolling down the aisles of the black tiles at Sephora, I decided to pick up the Beauty Blender. I didn't have high expectations, however the hype motivated me to try it out. As soon as I got home, I wet the pink dome-shaped sponge, My first reaction: My goodness, its size multiplied by SO much... It probably increase and became 3 times its original size. It was also VERY squishy, bouncy and soft. I was shocked by how soft and bouncy it felt. After applying foundation on with it, I fell in LOVE with the beauty blender. The dewiness of the sponge brought a natural dewiness to the effect of the foundation. Instead of having a complete matte finish (looking dead) or a cakey finish (looking oil), it made my skin look REAL. I felt as if the dewiness allowed my actual skin to peak through the foundation. It also made my foundation last longer and left a flawless finish.

Overall, I was VERY satisfied with the results. Some products are overhyped, but definitely not this one (in my opinion). As long as you keep it clean and wash it periodically, it'll be in great shape. I think it's one of the best investments in makeup I've made. Although one sponge may cost $19, it lasts for a very long time and the results will amaze you. (So far, I've been using it for a little over a month... still in great condition aside from the foundation stains) Because of my love for this product, I've even applied concealer and under-eye brighteners with it. Best of all, it doesn't make my under-eye concealer/brighteners crease. Whenever I applied it with a brush, my under-eye area seemed cakey and sometimes creased... however using the beauty blender allowed my makeup to effortlessly blend with my skin, having a smooth and real finish.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Totally recommend it if you have trouble with making your foundation/concealer look perfect :)

~ Cathy

PS. #AskCat emails can be emailed to me at theesparklecorner@gmail.com (no personal info will be revealed. I simply answer your question over a blog post, hoping to help someone else out who has the same question)

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I love my Beauty Blender and totally agree! It is worth the money!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Commercial blenders India

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top