Cat's Critiques: Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eyeshadows!


Hey girlies, here's a review of one of my favorite products! It's the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoos! They have such a wide range of colors and they've been in stores for a very long time already. These products definitely deserve the popularity they already have. These products are so worth your buy too! They last for such a long time and are affordable! (Available at drugstores, target, etc.) (Around $7-10 per shadow)

* This review is NOT a sponsored review :)

I personally love this product and my review will be based on what I experienced with this product :)
So, first off I have normal eyelids but they sometimes do get oily at the end of the day.
These products come in such flattering colors, both in colorful eyeshadows and in neutrals. I personally love the neutrals more.


I used this product without a primer and these DO last 24 hours since they're CREAM EYESHADOWS. I know it's bad to keep makeup on overnight, but for the sake of this post I tested it out. My goodness, it lasts for such a long time, at least 20 hours. They sometimes last after a few swims, and crease on a regular day after about 7 hours.

I wouldn't recommend using this product with a brush because it wouldn't create a smooth application. Instead, use your fingers and wipe it on your lids for the ultimate effect. It looks very flattering on all eye colors and it's great both as a base and when it's worn by itself. You can apply it super fast- a swipe of a finger and you could be done with your eyeshadow!
I have to say, if you don't like shimmery colors these eyeshadows won't satisfy your taste (After all, these are named "metal" eyeshadows).

These are my swatches and a preview of the colors I'm reviewing today:

So, here are the eyeshadow pots that I tried out:

1. This is one of the lightest colors they have. It is "Too Cool." This is a pearl, shimmery white color. It's almost like a silver, glowing white color. This is a great color for the summer if you want to wear it alone. I have dark brown eyes and a tanner, yellow toned skin color so this was very bright and light for my lids. It stood out from all the makeup that I'd usually wear. If you want something that stands out, this is the color for you (unless you have paler toned skin). It's a great highlight color too.

2. This is one of my ultimate favorites. It's called "Inked In Pink." It's a shimmery, rose gold eyeshadow that's slightly more pink (not as pink as this photo). The color is very similar to "Sin" from the Naked palette, but of course more pigmented since it's a cream shadow. It compliments my skin tone very well. I believe this color is great for all skin tones. It's great for those people who want a subtle, shimmery, pretty, flush of color. I definitely recommend this color for all you peeps out there!!

3. This is called "Bad to the Bronze." This is a very versatile color, suitable for all skin tones and eye colors. It's a basic neutral color. I'd recommend this if you want to pick up 1 color and try it out. This color and my next color :). Anyways, this is a pale gold color with shimmer. It also has tiny hints of pink. 

4. Ah this was my first shadow that I picked up from this line. It's "Barely Branded." One of my favorite colors because it blends into my skin very well. It gives a nice bronzy look to your eyelids. it's a great everyday neutral color. It's a golden brown bronze color. A nice glow on your lids under the sun is just such an amazing effect.

5. Oh we meet again! This is "Edgy Emerald." This deceiving color was one of my least favorites. It'll probably look nice with paler toned colors but it didnt look great on me. As y'all know I have tanner asian skin. It didn't look flattering at all! It's not as shimmery as the other neutrals. In the pot it looks more of an aqua with gold and emerald undertones. But once you apply it and swatch it, it's flat out green with gold undertones. For me, I worked with it and the only way it looked nice was when I used it as a base and did some crease color with some neutrals. I'll have to work with it more but so far, I'm not liking this color.

That's it! Hope you guys enjoyed this review! 
Stay tuned for more Cat's Critique Sessions!!
xo, Cat

Follow me!
Comment below or email me for questions:
Email: theesparklecorner@gmail.com (Email me #AskCat Sessions if you want my take on it)
Instagram: @Theesparklecorner

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top