♡ Self-Therapy #FLYFebruary ♡


To me, what makes a day relaxing (no matter how stressful it can be) is the self-therapy that I give myself at the end of the day. We may have an entire schedule filled, but to have a reward at the end of the day for consuming yourself in so much work is something that brings an element of sparkle into my day.

Self-therapy is anything that can bring happiness to your day and not just make you feel productive, maybe stressed, but also happy. Some days, we have a day that goes wrong, which is important to have self-therapy. No matter what goes wrong, you'll know that you had your dash of self-therapy, alone time, a time where you just relaxed and ignored the world while staying in tune with yourself.

I usually squeeze a span of self therapy at the end of the day. Mine lasts 30 minutes. I'm always the most awake at night, so feeling relaxed at the end of the day offers a giant element of happiness to my life and gives me better sleep. My dose of alone time and peace consists of either doodling, painting, or reading a book/magazine. In a world filled with technology and on-going notifications and texts, we tend to lose ourselves in the social media world. So I dedicate my alone time with no disturbances by leaving my phone, laptop, tablet, etc. in the living room and going somewhere else to 'treat myself.' I feel like this is a reward for me and keeps me relaxed. No matter how busy I am throughout the day, this calms me down and keeps me at a peaceful state of mind.

Self-therapy doesn't need to be reading, drawing, or staying away from technology. It can be eating a macaroon, exercising, taking a bath, or wrapping the day up with 1 episode of your favorite tv show (just 1 though! we don't all have the time in the world). 

This sprinkle of self-fulfillment and happiness is a part of this month's theme: #FLYFebruary (First Love Yourself). It adds to the element of mental, social and physical relaxation. Although your day might've been the "worst day of your life," it's still worth living.

You should try adding this self-therapy to your day's schedule! It could range from a few minute of meditation to a 45 minutes episode! It can be the 1st thing to start your day or the last thing to wrap up your day!

Enjoy the day and relax :)
Live, enjoy & love life
xoxo,
C

PS. An upcoming post is going to deal with morning sleepiness ;)
Stay tuned!

Got questions? Need advice? Ask anonymously? Email me at theesparklecorner@gmail.com with #AskCat for your question to be the next post on my blog! (All questions will be named anonymous unless stated otherwise)

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Affordable Care: We believe that mental health care should be at the cost you can afford. We are proud to offer standard rates at 40-50$ per session and provide a 25% discount if you register for four live video sessions per month. online couples therapy

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top